Thursday 9 February 2012

This is how we do gingerbread...

Two days before Christmas, my mom took my sister Melissa, my best friend Rebekah, and I to see the Walla Walla Gingerbread house copetiton display at the Marcus Whitman Hotel. I absolutely loved all the little details and the hours that must have gone into these creations. I hope you enjoy them too!

Left to Right: Rachel, Rebekah, and Melissa

This is a model of the Marcus Whitman Hotel.

I really liked the colored glass windows made out of melted candy!



I love the details on this one - check out hte picture in the window!




 
The Aftermath
Little shreds a sparkling
Beneath the spicy Doug;
Snips of paper scattered
Across the scarlet rug.
Boxes here, ribbons there,
Ties of mangled metal;
Small bells and colored bows
Snug in nettles settle.

The rush scarcely over -
The children all in bed
Special dishes eaten
The age-old story read
A soft candle flickers
Stars gently light the night
Babe in stable sleeping -
All is calm, all is bright.
~By Rachel Petrello ~


This is a very colorful modle of the Power House Theater

That's Marylin Manroe inside!
  
This is the train depot.

The clear bubbly windows shows there are details inside!

This is a more realistic version of the Power House Theater.

I love the peanut-butter cup seats inside!

Silly pictures...


Which did you like the best?

No comments:

Post a Comment